In the 1920’s König took over a company manufacturing stains and started production of furniture stains, lacquers and polishes. During World War II work continued under harder circumstances even after the production site had completely been destroyed.
Very soon after war was over the previous owner Carl Niemeyer and authorized signatory Georg Augustin took over the company again. Lacquers, touch-up dyes and primers were produced by simple means. This was followed by further investment into machinery and the development of new products. Step by step the company concentrated on producing repair products for furniture surfaces. More and more lacquers and waxes were now being produced on-site. The installation of an aerosol bottling line for lacquer and oilspray cans represented a crucial milestone. 1961 marked the introduction of special matched covering lacquers to suit individual customer samples. This now complemented a growing range of transparent colour shades. In 1977 an internal training centre was established for the practical application of Königproducts and is still passing on the techniques and theory behind the successful repair of a wide range of materials. In June 1992 König celebrated their 100th anniversary. Moving to the new production and administration plant in the industrial park of Niederdorfelden in 1996 was a crucial point for König and made it possible for the production and management to be united under one roof. In the same year, the 5th generation – Thomas Grieshaber – entered the company and by 2001 had been appointed Managing Director while Klaus Grieshaber maintained an advisory role.
Heinrich König & Co. KG offers you products from these product groups:
- Materials, production aids (177)
- Operating systems, operating equipment (92)