Edgetech Super Spacer® - Warm Edge Technology with flexibility plus
Freely mouldable, aesthetically adaptable and suitable for manual or automated processes, the Super Spacer® Warm Edge spacer is flexible like no other. Proceed with safety towards a sustainable future alongside Edgetech, the innovation leader!
Modern spacers for thermal isolation of the edge seals of insulating glass windows are the missing link for energy efficient windows and facade systems. Passive-energy houses are unthinkable without the minimisation of heat losses using warm edges. In more and cases, spacers also abandon their marginal position and are put into focus by architects, builders and glass processors interested in sustainable and economical solutions. The type of materials used and their structure in particular must be evaluated when choosing a suitable system, because of the significant requirements in thermal insulation properties, operational capability and processability.
The fully flexible spacer system
Edgetech Super Spacer® is the world’s first spacer system made from flexible structural foam with integrated drying agents. Compared to conventional aluminium spacers, the non-metallic material composite is impressive thanks to an exponentially lower thermal conductivity. The glass keeps the same temperature over the entire surface, the level of radiating cooling through the surfaces of the windows is reduced and the dew point shifts downwards, which reduces by up to 70% the formation of condensation in the border area compared with insulating glass windows without spacer. To a large extent, the flexible foam matrix of the Super Spacer® is moisture permeable. Therefore the high portion of drying agents can absorb moisture quickly. The combination of the multilayered vapor barriers in the spacer and the outer sealant helps seal against moisture from the outside and gas leakage from the inside.
The advantages of the Super Spacer®
• Low thermal conductivity
• More durable edge seal
• Moisture permeable, flexible foam matrix
• Higher portion of drying agents absorbs moisture
• Pleasing aesthetics
• High quality silicon for better resistance to ozone, UV lights and oxidation
• Very good values for gas leakage rates in accordance with EN 1279-3
• Optimum value for energy efficiency (Ψ values to 0.028*)
• More comfort and well-being near the windows
• Outstanding resistance to condensation and forming, as well as colour stability
• Extreme durability for long-lasting performance
• Higher levels of productivity thanks to simple processability (only three process steps)
• North America ASTM E2188/ E2189/ E2190
• Europe EN 1279
• Canada CGSB 12.8
• CEKAL - certified for France
• P1 Industry standard USA