Window films are meant to add special properties to the glass. Each film, depending on its sphere of use, can have multiple purposes – safety and protection, fire resistance, sun control, energy savings, toning, etc. Window film is a multilayer system, consisting of transparent polymeric base and adhesive component for molecular connection to glass. It is attached directly to the glass surface.
The chemical cleanliness of the film ensures its homogeneity, transparency, solidity, plasticity and long-term durability against climate effects (like rapid temperature, humidity or pressure changes). Window films keep these properties even when used in the aggressive environments. They are 60-300 µm thick and have protective anti-scratch covering.
Viknar’off uses decorative, anti-shock and sun control films.
Advantages of sun control films:
- considerable energy savings for air conditioning and heating inside
- glass insulation and reducing heat loss through the windows during the cold season
- rejecting heat coming through the window in the hot weather
- protecting furnishings from fading.
Anti-shock films is the special type of films, reducing glass fragility and protecting it from shocks and damages. They are made up of a few layers of thin, but solid polymers. They include efficient molecular glue, which gets activated under pressure using a special water solution. Anti-shock film is resistant to various mechanical impacts. When applied to the glass from the inside, it makes the glass nonshattering. In case of break-in attempts, the film holds the glass together, preventing fragments from getting inside and thus injuring people.
Advantages of decorative films:
- non-inflammable, non-toxic and environment-friendly
- require no special treatment
- durable and reliable
- considerable energy savings for air conditioning and heating inside.
- better glass insulation and reducing heat loss during the cold season.
Absolutely all types of tinted sun control films block 99% of harmful UV rays.