System profile for wood windows - aluminium protection
Wood is an ideal material for the construction of windows - because it has favourable characteristics and it is shaped easily. But wood windows need to be protected. And this is what the BUG cover profile are doing. Structural and accurately. In diverse designs and for various applications. An ideal system!
Our system profiles for wood windows offer distinct advantages
This is the way to go: The BUG cover profiles drain water from window and French door hinges. In two different designs! Firstly: with drainage holes. Secondly: with profiles that have been installed on the surface of the wood. well-engineered and safe!
Ideally insulated: Our cover profiles provide the right sealing solution for any window. And they improve the thermal insulation characteristics of the lower window frame. It stays cosy indoors. Whatever the weather!
And best of all: The end caps can be sealed after installation. Moulded sealing channels allow for this - they make it easy to seal the wood window frame. The end caps also protect the cut edge of the profiles. An effective unit!
At a glace
- the profiles to not engage with the sealing level of the windows
- hinge drain between aluminium and wood profile or via drain holes in the cover profile
- improves thermal insulation characteristics on the lower window frame
- the end caps can be sealed after installation using sealing channels
- seal mounting slots make them easy to use for window glazing
- profiles and end caps protect the glass edge seal from UV exposure
- ideally suited for passive house windows