The B 63/125 can be supplied with a patented system to detect feed and rapid motion switching. The adjustment of stops or cams is completely eliminated. Thus, for example, the hole level as well as the spaces of profile materials are automatically recognized. This results in much shorter drilling times than with conventional drilling units.
Another special feature is that the oil brake cylinder can drive the full stroke of the drilling unit in feed and rapid mode. (In the standard version, the feed is switched on by an adjustable stop or for an additional charge as a snap-action rapid traverse feed).
For the drilling unit, an auxiliary cylinder can be used at any time with very little effort, for example, when the force for multiple spindle drilling is not enough.
Especially for the olive-hole in the window frame we have our Olive unit. The olive unit has the following advantages:
- Compact design: Cylinder and motor are fixedly connected together and constitute one unit.
- No overhung loads, since the piston rod of the cylinder serve as a guidance of the drill head.
- The unit can be fitted at any time, at an additional cost, with an oil brake cylinder (but not normally required for woodworking).
- Easy to install and easy to use. The unit is equipped with two 3/2-ventils (for pre and feedback signal). As an option of accessories, at an additional cost, it has a 4-position turret stop and measuring scale and can be equipped with a non-contact signaling and electronic cylinder switches for end of travel.
- The unit is almost maintenance free. Piston rod and guide rod are hard-chrome plated, all aluminum parts are anodized and aluminum cylinder tubes hard-coded. Seals and bearings are maintenance free, but the unit must be operated without oiler with clean, dry air.