The Honeycomb Storage System UNICOMPACT allows shortest cycle times, even with large storage systems. The compact design of the operating gantry crane ensures that as much space as possible can be used for storage purposes. This excellent space utilization is also ideal for already existing buildings, i.e. classic buildings of steel distributors. The bar storage system UNICOMPACT delivers the required material quickly according to the principle "Material to Operator". An extensive list of station designs increases the efficiency of saws and commissioning tasks for solids or profiles of steel, aluminum, plastic or non-ferrous metals.
The KASTO-random cassette access principle offers better efficiency due to increased speed. This lowers the number of travel movements and - in connection with faster drives - achieves cycle times of approx. 75 seconds. And all this with a storage system size of 2000 cassettes. The most important components of the random access cassette principle are two simultaneously working cassette pulling units and a well though-out programming, ensuring short distances and therefore a fast availability.
Speed on the one hand, precision on the other. Light barrier and laser axis guarantee a safe data transfer and error-free positioning of the operating gantry crane.
Deciding factor for an optimum material flow are intelligent infeed and outfeed stations. The picture shows as an example a rotary station with buffer locations. More facts about the bar storage system UNICOMPACT:
- Building heights 4 to 26 m
- Cassette for 1 to 5 tons (if necessary more) usable load
- Storage volume approx. 500 to 4.000 (if needed, more) cassettes (the equivalent to approx. 2500 to 20000 t)
- Cassette lengths from 3 to 8 m (if necessary more)
- Building supporting version possible as well
- Easy user guidance, i.e. with bar code entry
- Integrated weighing scales (option)
- Comfortable inventory management with KASTO inventory control computer
- Integrated logistics solutions with interface to host system